Saturday 6 January 2018

Industry Change - First Week

Am I allowed to wear jeans?
Can I wear sandals?
What if I actually don't know anything about clothes?
What if I don't know how to complete my task?
How much tech knowledge do I need to have to be at par with the rest of my new colleagues?
How well do I know the Corporates?
I only really know how to do Banking, what if it's very very different?

A day before I began my journey at my new work place, I felt so anxious. It felt like first day of school all over again and honestly, I've always hated that feeling. I wanted to feel happy about going back to work! I wanted that old me who's always excited when Monday comes and sad when Friday arrived. Where did that Alia go?

Fast forward to a week down. Learning so so much more about the company and the brand! I've had nothing but an amazinggggg first week at Fashion Valet with all the buzzing group chats, multiple meetings and corporate events! Everyone was so welcoming and friendly (who am I kidding, they were already so welcoming even before I joined. Can you see I was the only one without the team baju but yet I was in the team photo), HR even lets me choose what laptop I wanted (so cool!!), work pipeline looks freaking exciting this year (and the next few years!) and I can't wait to work alongside the team to make it all happen, everyone was very focused with their task, yet they knew to have fun at the same time - I LOVE IT ALREADY ALHAMDULILLAH! :)))))
 Back in 2017 with my FV Family
First day at work, everything was different from how things were done at my previous organization. Everything took on full speed immediately. I had 3 meetings to attend and after every meeting I felt so excited and proud of this brand that is working so hard to stay relevant and awesome that by the end of the day I was babbling to Aiman because I was probably overwhelmed. Every task that we were assigned to made me feel that it's not just about making it happen, it's about how well can we execute it to benefit the receiver and how big can we further build this brand. It's more than just selling clothes, we're working to create a direction for the Fashion industry. There was a much bigger purpose to what each and everyone of us was doing in the company, it's amazing!

A total change in industry for me definitely and working for friends. As scary as it may seem, I'm looking forward to the fast paced roller coaster ride with my new FV family to grow the brand and take it to new regions as a team, InsyaAllah! Praying that God make it easy for us all to get through every challenges that come our way. Here's to a continuous roller coaster ride :))

....and really, if my boss is gonna do this shoe-five thing every morning I better make sure I'm in before her, haha! :P

1 comment:

N said...

I hope to see you when FV comes to Brunei for another sale or event! I've worked part time with FV team in Brunei for their past three events and I am super loving it!